Have you ever heard of therapeutic mouthwash? Although we often think of mouthwash as a product used to freshen breath, there are brands available that can drastically improve your oral health in numerous ways. In addition, some forms of therapeutic mouthwash even contain ingredients used to help whiten your smile. Listed below are a few of the common benefits that therapeutic mouthwash can provide:
– Look for mouthwash products that can remove plaque build-up and other harmful acids from your mouth.
– Some versions of mouthwash are highly effective at whitening your teeth and contain substances that can help you eliminate deep stains and discolorations.
– Some mouthwash products can help prevent and diminish gingivitis, which is an early stage of periodontal disease, also known as gum disease.
– Mouthwash products can help slow the speed that tartar can form on your teeth.
– Some mouthwash products contain substances that can help strengthen and guard your tooth enamel.
– Be sure to set up an oral exam with your dentist to make sure the mouthwash products you’re using are safe and effective.
– Mouthwash is known for promoting fresh breath, and in some cases, can actually eliminate the bacteria that can cause it.
– When deciding on a mouthwash, look for products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which is given out by the American Dental Association to indicate a product’s safety and effectiveness.
For the aid of a dentist in Wichita, Kansas, we can be reached at 316-633-4543. Whichever professional cleaning services are needed to complete your smile, Dr. Ned Todorov and our dental team here at Dr. Ned Todorov DDS are committed to providing you the treatments you need.